Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas wait turns to Christmas weight

I am not getting near the scale. I have been enjoying homemade Irish Cream, one chocolate truffle and loads of plum glazed ham. The big gift this year was a recumbent bicycle for the exercise/theater room.  I have used it twice so far. It really gets my heart rate up and therefore really gets me sweating up a storm.  I have made better food choices this Christmas than past ones. I would have eaten loads of sugar and never tested my blood sugars. This year I am loading up on the green veggies and eating lots of salad before I munch on the sugar and carbs. I only ate one tiny red potato instead of four. I don't miss the carbs in potatoes so much but when the Rum cake comes out.. oh boy. I want to take home a few slices with me. Thank goodness the only thing I brought home this year was smoked salmon. That was delicious.  I think its best to avoid the scale for a week or two. Have to continue to make healthy food choices. Have to continue to exercise. Have to get my blood work done. Have to keep my appointments with the doctors. Have to live a long healthy full life.  Journaling helps me. I stay focused and on track when I write things down.  I hope you find low sugar numbers in your 2012 New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment