Friday, October 7, 2011

Exercise and sugar spikes after exercise

Not everyone hates it, but most of us do. All of us should do it, many of us can but won't. Exercise. Why do we dislike it so much? I think maybe because it interferes with our personal agenda and we want to do other stuff. It's part of our DNA makeup. We were born to move. Human beings were meant to work, play hard and given one day of rest. Now we have created things to make life easy with our faster need it now attitude, its making us lazy. My kids don't see chasing a ball up and down a field as fun play, to them they see that as work and why would we kick it only to chase it and kick the ball again? ( bit of George Carlin humor there)

Well exercise as much as we don't like it can help up live a healthier lifestyle. And I am all for living life without having to take 20 pills a day and using a walker to help me move across the living room floor.  I don't like pain. I don't want to live in pain or with pain. Pain has been asked to move out and not return. We do know that exercise will help stimulate blood circulation and help burn calories.

But is it the exercise or the weight loss that reduces the insulin resistance in diabetics? I have tested my sugar before and after exercise and my sugar went UP immediately after exercise. So I asked the doctor.. I didn't get an answer. They said it was something I ate. I was fasting. I drank water. I got up tested my sugar, put on my shoes and did my workout and tested again. No food, just exercise and my sugar went up. I  need to run the test a few more times now that I have begun exercising again. I had a self induced back problem due to poor shoes and caused myself great back problems. Just a word for the wise out there... Don't wear the shoes with the bump in the middle of the sole, the ones that claim to improve your calf muscles and work your butt. They can hurt more than help.
With Exercise your body needs glucose to transport to the cells for energy. If your producing enough insulin but don't have the ability to transfer the glucose from the blood stream to the cells you have high blood sugar right? I have asked and asked for this mystery to be solved and yet no viable answer has been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment